The importance of marketing for better business strategy.
When I meet with potential clients, I’m always asked if I can help with “social media“, “SEO“, “more leads“, or “building a blog“. I always answer, “Yes, I can.”
So, how am I able to help with all of these areas?
Marketing is all about the “market”. In other words, the people a business or brand is trying to reach and trends in technology and money surrounding its products and services.
Some questions marketing helps to answer include:
- Who is in the market?
- What is the market target audience?
- Where do they live?
- What do they like?
- How old are they?
- How do they interact with a brand?
- Which blog posts are they reading?
- What topics are they interested in?
- What are they saying on social media?
- What search terms do they use?
- Why do they like your product/service?
The list goes on.
These answers provide visibility and understanding for better decision making. Like, “What social media platforms should I be using?” and “What should I be writing about on my blog?”
So….why do I have this blog? (Which, by the way, is the 3rd incarnation.)
My intention, with this blog, is to:
- Put down into writing the knowledge and wisdom I have acquired over the last 10+ years of being a marketer
- Share outcomes of new experiments and tactics
- Have a conversation about professional and personal growth
I may add to this list or subtract, but whatever happens, I hope you find just as much value from reading my thoughts as I do from sharing them.